Thursday, March 28, 2013

Re-valuate

I don't know what has been going on with me and my hoop practice lately.  I was hooping on a very regular basis before the challenge; at least 5 times a week.  Since I committed to hooping for 10 minutes everyday for 30 days I find myself not wanting to hoop at all.  Last week I hooped one time, which is so weird!

I put my hoops up on the wall so they are more easily accessable and I would find myself just staring at them, not wanting to hoop and unable to bring myslef to do it.

I think what's going on is tying a goal to something that I do for pure joy is taking the joy out of it.  Although I do want to improve, I think that just by playing everyday that is going to happen and I don't need to put the pressure on  my hoop.

I love hooping! Every time I get in the hoop I find myself smiling and laughing.  So, maybe picking the hoop as my challenge wasn't the best idea. 

Now what? 

1 comment:

  1. I sometimes experience something similar... sometimes a challenge really holds me to it and motivates me. Other times, it seems to 'detract' from the goal. Maybe your goal of hooping more regularly needs to be redesigned, reframed... to a more artful goal that matches the joy and spontaneity you felt before it was something to tick off a list.

    ReplyDelete